Oh cool. I totally thought it was still March, the last time I posted something. But it was just April 3… which is just over 2 weeks ago. It also looks like I mentioned what was going on: I was sick. Bleh. That was pretty bad. As in, I actually went to see a doctor bad. Which, for anyone who knows me, I never go see doctors. Anyway, soon after I got better, I also went on a long weekend vacation to Edmonton with the guys. And here I am. My output should pick up again soon because… I’m almost done at my current job! 2 more shifts (after a day off tomorrow), and I’m officially done. Better yet: I’ve got 3 weeks before I start my new job as Associate Pastor for Communication, Administration, and Leadership Development at Fellowship Baptist Church, Fort McMurray. Phew. Long title, I know. I’ll probably abbreviate that.. Associate Pastor for CALD. Or CLAD… no that doesn’t work. DLAC? LOl. meh.
Having said all that, I suppose now is as good a time as any to update my progress on my year’s goals. It’s not good….
- Japanese learning is at a complete halt right now. I’ll resume next Monday, and hopefully get really motivated to work hard on it. Maybe I’ll register for the JLPT N5 exam in August to get me motivated.
- I’ve been doing my devotions, although I’m just a little behind on it (like only about a week, which can be caught up pretty quickly since I’ll do 2-a-day until I catch up). But, I haven’t been blogging about it. I count 12 blog posts from the beginning of the year, and I should have 16 done by now. So I’m a little behind on that too, but again, not too hard to catch up.
- Have not touched Greek or Hebrew at all yet. But I hadn’t planned on doing anything about that until later on in the year anyway.
- Weekly memory is not going well either. I’m not gonna catch up on it, so technically it’s a failure. But I’m going to restart where I am now, and go from there.
- Same goes for New City Cathechism. I haven’t done anything since January. So I’ll have to see if I can actually do it this year or if I need to postpone it until next year.
Now for some other kinds of updates… Or at least, addition to goals (I know, weird, given that I’m really behind on some of them). But this has been a long standing goal of mine. And it’s something I actually have to seriously invest in (as in, money-wise). So I definitely need to complete it if I start it: I want to get my pilot’s license. It has to do with the featured image above… I’d been watching a bunch of Korean dramas recently, and one of them is that one, called “Take Care of Us, Captain” (Because I’m officially in love with Ku Hye Sun, the girl in the picture). So watching that Drama, I got to thinking about this dream I’ve always had of getting my pilot’s license. And I started researching it… And, well… Mostly because I’m actually got a real income now for the first time in my life, it’s actually possible. So starting in June or so, I’ll start ground school, and pretty much do the flying lessons throughout the summer and fall. I’ll only go for the Recreational License this year. And next year, upgrade it to the Private Pilot’s license. Who knows, maybe I can even upgrade that further to a commercial license… But we’ll see how it goes.